Put your everyday shopping dollars to work for UBBC’s Shop with Scrip!
What is Scrip? It’s an ongoing fundraiser for University Baptist & Brethren Church. We’ve been partnering with Great Lakes Scrip since 2019 to provide a simple way for you to benefit UBBC while making your regular purchases–groceries, home improvements, gasoline, household products, dining out, travel, and so much more!
Scrip certificates are gift cards (or occasionally gift certificates) that can be used like cash at your favorite stores, restaurants, and on-line retailers. Scrip also makes a great gift! You purchase Scrip through UBBC at face value and UBBC receives a rebate (generally 2-15%).
Our most popular gift cards are:
- Giant Food ($25, $50, or $100)
- Weis Market ($25 or $100)
- Sheetz ($25 or $100)
- Walmart ($25, $100, or $250)
More than 700 retailers–grocery stores, gas stations, big-box chains, restaurants, and online retailers–participate in Scrip (view the full list of participating retailers). Since nearly every household spends hundreds of dollars per month going about their daily business, UBBC can generate income from the regular spending habits of church members and friends. You place an order and pay for Scrip cards, then pick up your order the following week. Go shopping using Scrip instead of cash or credit cards. It’s that easy! There are no sign-up fees or minimum order levels.
How Do I Order Scrip?
There are two ways to place an order:
- Online Ordering: To enroll, visit ShopWithScrip and click “Join a Program” then enter the UBBC Enrollment Code: FA69B5B464678. As part of the registration process, you have the option to set up PrestoPay, which is an electronic funds transfer system, for having your bank account automatically debited when you purchase gift cards through ShopWithScrip. There is a .15¢ transaction fee for PrestoPay regardless of how many gift cards you purchase. You can also use a credit card, however a 2.6% fee will be added to your total. If you choose not to enroll in PrestoPay or use a credit card, you can pay by check made out to UBBC.
- Paper Order Form: Fill out the paper order form, and hand in to Ellen Will, along with your check (made payable to University Baptist and Brethren Church with “Scrip” in the memo line).
Ellen Will is the Coordinator for the UBBC ShopWithScrip program so if you have questions, please reach out to her: email@example.com or 814-574-1310.